Keith Marshall

As Harold said, I can only speak for myself and I'm always happy to see
genuine offers for metalworking related goods.

Generally when someone offers something for sale they preceed the subject
with FS: like this:

FS: Logan Lathe

or if it's an eBay auction you want to bring our attention to you can use:

FA: Bridgeport on eBay

This gives people an easy way to filter out that type of message if they
don't want to see it. They can just tell their newsreader to disregard
anything that starts with either of those.

Also, if it's for sale locally and/or is a large item *PLEASE* provide a
location. Saying I have a lathe for sale and not telling us where it's
located seems to upset a lot of people. :-)

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"HeadHunter" wrote in message
.. .
A couple of months ago I posted here about some power hacksaw blades I had.
A few people bought some off me from here and I actually gained enough cash
to go out and get some silca gel vitrified grinding cups made to my
dimensions ( I had to order 50 of them before they would make one)

Now I've opened an eBay account but since I'm in Canada and most of the
buyers will be in the states I've had to increase the asking price for my
hacksaw blades cause of the fees and currency conversion and paypal etc.
it's a better deal if i offer it here. I'm not in it for a profit. I'm
in it to get some new equipment so that i don't have to use my credit
card..... Ebay will eat 20% of what I sell in fees.

Needless to say I have some other stuff around my shop I would like to
sell and use the proceeds to buy a new drill press and a high quality
cordless tool set. Since response was good here I wanted to offer some
more stuff here before using eBay.

Since it's goods that are used in metalworking would it be considered spam
if I posted asking if anyone was interested in buying a couple of items
from me? I'm not talking about bombarding the group. I'm talking about
2 items in 2 posts asking if anyone was interested in my leftover
goods.......

Seeking your advice and interpretation.....

HeadHunter