Mary Fisher

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

http://www.readingrestaurants.com/the_george/

Dead easy to find.

If you know where it is ...

You would get on the M1, (although horse and cart is not allowed these
days)

HORSE and cart? There's a novelty. We use oxen. Horses are for riding.

and head for civilisation. Broadly speaking, this starts south
of Watford......

Ok, so you go north.

Once there, you turn right and make for God's own country.

Confirmed, north it is.

If you're
very good, leave your clogs at home

What about us shawls?

and don't say "champion" too
often,

We only say that when there's something to compliment.

somebody by the name of Andrew (there are a minimum of three)
will buy you a beer or Babycham if you prefer.

feels faint Is that stuff still made? Spouse's cousin (from somewhere in
the s**th of course) once worked for them. Blech.

Note that this is
proper beer - not the firefighting foam made by Tetley

Tetley's don't make beer any more, they were taken over. It was never very
good anyway except in the brewery or in one or two selected pubs round the
corner who got special deliveries.

'Tetleys' beer isn't highly thought of hereabouts - except when compared
with John Smiths ...

(who really
should stick to their excuse for tea)

Wossat then?

and which requires barmaids on
steroids to pull a pint.

Whereas your lot simply press a button :-)

Take care to about the derivatives and futures traders in their red
braces and Porsches. They are direct descendents of Dick Turpin and
should be avoided.

He was hanged in York. Not liked round here. He was from the s**th.

Despite what they might tell you, the streets are
not paved with gold, although we have now been polluted by Morrisons,
who seem to believe that we just want to buy pies.

They must have thought there would be suckers down there :-)

We don't buy pies here, we make our own. Still, if you don't know any better
.... :-)

Mary

--

.andy