Kevin Brady

Great responses guys - I'm sure I'm not the only one who'll benefit from all
that lot - all within the space of a few hours too!

KB, Oxford

"Jyestyn" wrote in message
oups.com...

andrewpreece wrote:

NB; Thre are different fluxes available, there is one in a beige

round tin
called Tempus or something
like that, 'the mild flux'. It is OK but needs all surfaces to be

well
cleaned. On the other hand, an aggressive flux like 'Everflux' will

make a
joint without having to clean the joints at all! Some people dislike
agressive fluxes because of their corrosive natures.

And aggresive flux is not recommended when soldering gas pipe runs :-0

Jason