Rob Morley

In article , "John"
says...

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Grunff
writes
wrote:

Did you earth-bond them? :-)

No, but I figured since the steel latch wasn't earthed, there was no
need :-)

I was going to fabricate a meter box from steel to make it more vandal
resistant until I had a chat with a friendly leccy company installations
guy.
He said they would probably refuse to wire into it as they were scared(*)
to work with high amp electrical in a metal box :-)

(*) not his words, I read between the lines.

So thats why most of the HV distribution switchgear around has metal casing?
I've yet to see a grid switchfarm with plastic casing on the equipment.

I bet they turn that stuff off before they work on it though.