Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Mike Harrison wrote:
Another good tip for fireproofing awkward areas is those spare ceramic
tiles you bought but never used...

But remember that they may crack.

Oh yes. I wasn't suggesting using wanted spares. Just those boxes you
bought for safety two kitchens ago. If you're anything like me. ;-)

FWIW quarry tiles seem to withstand the heat the best.

Other thing I missed out is to use a decent aggressive flux - my favourite
being Everflux - and wash the outside of the pipe afterwards. I was told
it would work on green copper - and proved it did in a test. Got a bit of
grotty old pipe from the cellar and tried it just for fun.

But I still clean even new pipe with wire wool till it gleams - and avoid
touching the to be soldered surfaces by hand.

--
*Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.