nospambob

www.refinishwizard.com or www.homesteadfinishing.com are good forumes
with much help available.

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:59:18 -0500, Harry Everhart
wrote:

I have a 3 x 5 yellow pine table top. It was damaged in moving - a metal
object was scratching the top for 1000 miles. It scratched up a 6 inch
square pretty badly. We like the table a lot - it has a plain oil
finish. The scratches are too deep to sand out. I need some tips on how
to finish it and make it presentable. I would like to re-stain it and
put a glossy finish over that. We eat three meals a day on this table
and wipe it often - how do I get rid of the deep scratches? I have a
palm sander and tried to sand the scratches out but they are to deep.