Harry Everhart

"World Traveler" wrote:
I'd try an inlay. If the scratches are in the center, I'd use wood chisels
or a router to hollow out a spot the same size as a piece of marble tile,
inset the tile and use it as a focal point, or a hot pad. Or find a
decorative tile design that will look good inset into the top. We have a
20" mosaic tile design inlaid into our kitchen floor tile, so I'd look for
something similar to put into the table top. If the scratches are
off-center, consider additional inlays as necessary if you want symmetry.
Let us know how it works out.

Thanks for the help - I will let you know what I do.
Harry