Jaggy Taggy

On 3/17/05 9:49 AM, in article , "Rex B"
wrote:

Jaggy Taggy wrote:
Every now and then I have to mill air channels into 1/4 acrylic sheets,
which afterwards are being glued up for air manifolds.
The pieces are strips of 2" X 18" and I need to make 17" long slots 1/4"
wide all the way thru as well as 3/4 depressions about .050" deep.

Once I did this on a router but it is too fast and gums up the material.
Now I try a milling machine, but I am still wondering about the right
speed/feed as well of course about a clever way to hold down such shapes on
the table.

I would appreciate help in this matter

Uwe

For holddown a vacuum table would be ideal, with a raised frame around
the perimeter of your application..
Easy to make one custom for your application.

Yes, that would probably be the best. I even have a vacuum pump somewhere.
But how do you make the table, did you built one yourself??

uwe