TURTLE

"Ron" wrote in message
I have 7 "Hunter Original" ceiling fans that i need oil for. The "fan"
oil is 3 dollars a tube, good for one fan.(At Home Depot)

It's just SAE 10 Wt Non Detergent oil but I can't seem to find any in
quantity so I don't have to pay the outrageous price of 3 dollars a
tube.

I was thinking about "3 in 1 oil" but it doesn't say what Wt it is or if
it's ND.

I was also thinking about pneumatic tool oil. Does anyone have any idea
what wt it is and if it's ND?

Maybe even an online fan site that sells it in quantity for a low price.

Any suggestions would be of great help.

This is Turtle.

Most all motor manufactor state that you should use 20 wt. SAE Non-detergent
standard motor oil in most all motors unless state other wise. I use 30 wt. SAE
Non-detergent standard motor oil to oil motor. They sell 30 wt. non-detergent
motor oil at most all auto parts houses or I think they sell it at Walmarts ,
too. Also get you a small flex hose oil gun too and keep it handy for other
stuff.

I'm Speaking of standard auto non-detergent motor oil for autos at about a $1.00
something a Qt. . I use the 30 wt. because it is hard to find the 20 wt. in
motor oil form everywhere. I think the 10 wt. oil is not thick enough to stay in
the bearing and bearing packing. Also it makes you buy the 10 wt. oil from
Hunter because it is very hard to find 10 wt. oil anywhere.

TURTLE