Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Cuprager wrote:
I felt exactly the same as you with regard to being a little wary of
soldered joints. I had a mate show me the basics though, (clean pipe &
fittings with wire wool, fine emery paper etc) and i used solder ring
fittings. Easy! The advice about using a heatproof mat is good, i was
soldering radiator pipework underneath floor level so i dampened down
the area first, then put down the mat. Overkill probably but i dont like
house fires!

Another good tip for fireproofing awkward areas is those spare ceramic
tiles you bought but never used...

--
*Gaffer tape - The Force, light and dark sides - holds the universe together*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.