Richard Savage

Default Is it possible to use the roadside fire hydrants??

Those who watched Fred Dibnah's early TV progs about him 'burning' chimneys
down, i.e. without explosives, may remember him filling the water tank of his
traction engine, sorry road roller, from fire hydrants. IIRC he said that the
Bolton(?) fire brigade were quite happy for him to do this because he told them
when he found one not working.

Thar knows this was a few years back, me lad.

Richard

PS I think the vehicle was called Alison - after his wife. I'm not sure that
had anything to do with their eventual divorce.