David W.E. Roberts

Default Garage door opener for side hung doors.

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 12:33:58 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

Hi,

looking for garage door openers for side hung doors.

At the moment I can only find garage door openers for 'up and over' and
roller doors.

The garage inquestion has very high doors - high enough to admit a

caravan.

I can find side openers for gates (rare to have an 'up and over' front

gate
:-) ) but these don't seem to have the additional safety and locking
features you would need for a garage door.

I know you can get high and wide automatic roller doors for industrial

units
but this seems a bit OTT for a humble domestic garage.

The aim is to set the garage up so Mum-in-law can have her electric

scooter
in there - it is not practical to have it in the house.

I am Googling away but in the meantime I wondered if anyone had already
solved this problem.

TIA
Dave R

How about

http://www.amourelle.co.uk/barn-doors.htm

http://www.amourelle.co.uk/barn-doors2.htm

I have purchased various things from Amourelle and they are helpful
and knowledgable. I would call and discuss rather than just buy
because they can get other products than those on their web site so
you may have several options

Thanks - looks good.
I guess I should be looking for 'barn door' via Google.