PrecisionMachinisT

"Dan Murphy" wrote in message
"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in
:

Might want to give us a clue what study you are talking about,

You know...that study that "they" did....

Oh yeah that one

http://www.fff.org/comment/ed0801c.asp

Funny how it's easy to demonize smokers. Every time someone talks about
what smoking costs the government it sound counterintuitive to me. I'd

like
to see a study on the cost of obesity. I can see some real costs there. It
appears obesity is far more dangerous to your health than smoking. I had a
doctor ragging on me about smoking once. I told him that I've done some
research and it turns out everybody dies. So the doc says you'll live
longer if you quit. I say "So I can enjoy my last ten years in a nursing
home wearing a diaper, senile like my grandmother?" "No thanks." Then I
tell him he looks to be a good forty to fifty pounds overweight. Which is
more dangerous? He says "Being overweight, but you should still quit. I'm
dieting and exercising, I'm going to lose the weight." Yeah right.

Tax chocolate...

--

SVL