Dan Murphy

wrote in news:1111031517.647830.86960
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Breaks do make people more producitve, but there was a study of
productivity and smoking, and the results were that the non-smokers
were more productive.

At an airline ticket counter. Quite a bit of the difference was due to more
sick time. I imagine if you are passing money, credit cards, and documents
back an forth with the general public, you'll end up with germs on your
hands. Now run outside for a quick smoke without washing, put your hands by
your mouth and there you go, you're sick. I don't see how people can make
sweeping generalizations based on one small study at one airline ticket
counter. I know an executive that smokes. He is also absolutely brilliant.
He is always five steps ahead of everyone else. His solutions have saved
his company millions of dollars, his ideas have made millions more. Every
contract he writes is an air tight, solid deal. Even if he works five hours
less per week than some dumb ass down the hall who's decisions cost the
company money, is he less productive?

Dan