Ed Huntress

"Dan Murphy" wrote in message
.. .
Winston Smith wrote in
:

Same at Wally World in Phoenix. Maybe 1/5 to 1/4 the isles are self
service. No one there, long lines at the human ones. Of course, lots
of machines, and almost no cashiers doesn't help. We do have the nice
old lady at the door greeting me. I like to see her out, active, and
employed but I sure wish they coughed up a couple more checkout folks

Probably won't happen anytime soon. When is the last time someone pumped
your gas for you? Some genius MBA at Walmart was no doubt filling his BMW
up one day and a light went off in his head.

I filled my tank for $1.79/gallon today. Somebody pumped it for me. Somebody
always pumps for me in New Jersey. Self-service is illegal. That's why we
have such cheap prices for gas.

The rest of the country (except for Oregon, is it?) has been had by Big Oil.
Instead of paying cheap rates for people to pump gas, you're paying the
amortization on some mighty fancy automation.

--
Ed Huntress