Jim Thompson

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:20:02 -0600, Jim Adney
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:07:00 GMT Al wrote:

I found a cheap book light at my town's recycling center. It's exactly
what you want except it takes four C cells. It even has a power socket
on it. The module containing the cells is connected to the book light
via a power cable.

You might be able to find one that takes 4 AA cells. And toss the book
light.

I just went to a demo of a CAD program this afternoon. The subject of
the demo was a little book light which the instructor said held 4 AA
cells. I can't be sure, but it looked to me like it was too small to
be C cells, and the arrangement was exactly what you're asking about.

This book light consisted of a clip-on battery compartment with the
lamp on a stalk that you could rotate into position above your book.

If that product actually exists, it might have just what you're
looking for.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA