Wilson Lamb

For those who haven't ordered yet, check out leneave supply in Charlotte,
NC. Nice people and they have their own line of Chiwan stuff. My planer is
excellent and hundreds less than Delta. Their 8" is $750, I think. They
have a website.

Wilson
"Dave Miller" wrote in message
Last month, LOML received a bonus, and assigned part of it to me for a
jointer. I haven't used a jointer since highschool woodshop. Ever since,
I've always dreamed of having my own shop, and especially a jointer. A
month after highschool graduation, I became a dad at age 18. I married the
mom and went to college while we both worked and took turns running to and
from daycare. I graduated, got a job, and was on the way when we got
divorced. Turns out it's a bad idea to get married at 18. After the
divorce, when I had to move back in with my parents so I could support my
kids (and I've never begrudged taking care of my kids), a shop was the
farthest thing from my mind.

Back to the present. After much advice and consideration, I made up my
mind to go for a Yorkcraft 8" (while keeping watch for the hard-to-find
used DJ-20). In January, Wilke had a deal on shipping and the jointer was
in stock. By the time my windfall arrived, no shipping deal and jointer
was out of stock.

Considered whether to go for instant gratification with a Grizzly or
Sunhill 8". The Sunhill rep kept calling me twice a week to get me to
order. That turned me off to Sunhill, and I really didn't want to spend
more to get the Grizzly (not that it wouldn't be worth it, all you Grizzly
owners). I put my name on the list for the shipment expected in March.

When I got to work this morning, there was a message from Wilke. As I tap
this out, my jointer is en route. I know I'm rambling, guess it's because
I'm excited.

Hopefully the Yorkcraft lives up to some of the reviews I've read. But
you know, even if it doesn't, I'll be happy because its a jointer, it's in
my house, and hey, it's good to be alive!