Koz

Halcitron wrote:

Cliff wrote:

On 15 Mar 2005 17:13:15 -0800, "Halcitron" wrote:

outsourcing

Looks like McDonalds's may be outsourcing
some employees ..... your order at the window
may first go to India (or AOL "support") .....
--
Cliff

How do you know it isn't already?

I see a possiblity for a translator to assist the order taker.

:/

It is already....Hermiston OR drive through (and others) are being
answered in Fargo. Oregon has a state minimum wage of about $7.30 an
hour whereas North Dakota has the same as the federal minimum wage...$
5.15? Anyway, the exact numbers aren't important. It won't be long
until they begin to chase overseas labor at $ .25 an hour with no social
secirity, tax reporting, medicare or other overhead employee costs.

So..it seems that chasing $ 2.00 an hour difference in ND is worth the
set-up to McDonalds. Their claim is that it "improves customer
service". When you think about the fact that the order taker in in the
drive through spends 80% of their time doing other things anyway, the
money saved is really more like $ .50 an hour. I don't think this
savings justifys the move to ND, but it certainly is justified if the ND
project is a "test" to see if overseas is feasable.

Koz