Stephen M

Dave,

I have the YC8. Although I am generally pleased with it. Note that the
manual that they ship is a bit out of date. It does not show or give
instruction installing attaching the switch box "stalk". That part will be
intuitve.

What is not intuitive is that the motor plugs into the box with a standard
110V plug and the switchbox have a 220V plug on the end. I called wilke for
clarification. Wilke folks asured me that the motor was prewired-wired for
220 even though it ran just fine bypassing the swtichbox and plugging
directly into the wall.

It immediately tripped breaker when I plugged it into my 220V circuit via
the switchbox. I looked in wiring cavity to check the wiring (difficult now,
as the motor is now in mounted in the cabinet and facing down)..... sure
enough...110V.

I called them back on it and they jusk kind of shrugged and said "that never
happened before". He maintained that his answer was correct and that I must
have received an amnomolous motor. I remain unconvinced.

I can suck it up an deal with a bad manual, but to call the vendor and ask a
specific question where manual is clearly silent and get the wrong answer
did tick me off a bit.

Now that I am done kvetching, I would suggect that you pop the cover on the
motor wiring cavity and check you initial wiring. There is a diagram inside
the cap which clearly shows 110V vs 220V configuration. Do this before you
put the bed on the base.

Also find a strong friend.

Happy jointing

Steve