Assuming this is a full joint of pipe, 21 feet long, I would use a file
to make a little 45 degree notch so the drill bit will not wander.
Then make a jig to hold the drill at 45 degrees and centered on the
pipe. I would make the jig for about an 1/8th inch drill as well as for
your 1/4 inch drill. I would then drill through one side of the pipe
with the 1/8 inch drill. THen I would figure out where the exit ought
to be on the other side and file a notch there. Then move the jig
there and drill an 1/8 inch hole. Then I would use a 1/8th inch
aircraft drill to go in from one side and out the other. Probably
repeat with a 3/16 th inch aircraft drill , before using the 1/4 inch
drill to go thru the pipe.

Dan
Simon Mustey wrote:
I want to drill a hole on a 1/4 inch 45 degree hole through the

centre of a
peice 1.5 inch shed. 40 steam pipe. What is the best way to do this?

thanks

Simon