Morris Dovey

Limey Lurker wrote:
I'm still very much a newbie. I can understand most of the
tech talk, but some of the Americanisms puzzle me. But, it's
the chance of being discourteous that worries me most. I've
tried to find a book of net etiquette but without success. Can
anyone please recommend some source of this information? TIA

The "Golden Rule" is the best general guide. I assembled a page
of links (originally intended for newbies on comp.lang.c) that
you might find helpful.

As far as the "Americanisms" (almost safer to say "USAniasms", to
avoid confusion with other North/Central/South Americans), the
best course would be to ask.

Welcome to the group!

--
Morris Dovey