Don Foreman

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:07:59 -0800, "Lane" lane (no spam) at
copperaccents dot com wrote:

"Robert Swinney" wrote in message
Thanks, Don! My ebay suspicions reconfirmed.

This is pure sillyness...
Do you not drive because of the occasional accident on the roads. Of course
not! Do you not eat at restaurants because of the occasional food poisoning?
Of course not! I've worked with eBay and Paypal both for years without any
problems what-so-ever. And there are thousands more that could say the same
thing.
Can you spell paranoid?

"Due care" requires fewer letters and is more to the point. By golly
there were two trojans on the old machine! I thought I had it set
to scan periodically but apparently not.
---
After Ned Simmon's comment, it occurs to me that this event looks more
like a prank than anyone's intent to steal or defraud. Nobody but
the seller would gain by bidding for my account and I'm satisfied that
the seller is legit. Further evidence is that trivial $ were
involved.

I know for sure that EBay logs the IP and ISP source of incoming, so
I'm seeing if I can get them (perhaps with a little agency nudge for
motivation) ) to check their logs. I don't seek revenge, merely
exposure.