Robatoy

In article ,
Duane Bozarth wrote:

Robatoy wrote:

... contact cement and (unspecified) veneer...

It would be okay to use if it was 1/8' ply. If using 1/8 solid wood, use
wood glue.

I'd still be nervous w/ contact cement for wood-to-wood...just isn't
it's purpose.

I agree that in general use it wouldn't be my first choice either. But
in the OP's application that method has worked great for me for 30
years...oh..and that is solvent based Contact Cement.

The contact cement that I have used for the last 6 years, is blown on
with an airless gun which comes with the BBQ-propane-sized tank. Few
volatiles and lots of solids. Not enough liquid to soak through.
Sticks like dogsnot to a screen door.
Take a look.
http://www.mcfaddens.com/Workshop/imperialspray.htm
And because it is airless, there is no overspray (you can miss,of
course) and it is very portable for job-site use.