Doug Miller

In article , wrote:
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:31:10 GMT,
(Doug Miller)
wrote (with possible editing):

In article ,

wrote:

Refrigerator is 120v and requires a separate circuit (NEC).
Oil furnace is 120v and requires a separate circuit (NEC).
Well is either 120v or 240v and requires a separate circuit (NEC).
Water heater is 240v and requires a separate circuit (NEC).
Sump pump is 120v and I think requires a separate circuit.

AFAIK the NEC does not require separate circuits in *any* of those cases. Do
you have a Code citation for that?

You're wrong. Here are some (not all) code citations:

Refrigerator is covered under 210.b1 (doesn't have to be a separate
circuit, but kitchen must be)

Like I said, refrigerator not required to be on a separate circuit.

Furnace is covered under 422.12 and/or 210.63
Well pumps fall under horsepower requirement in section 430
Water Heater under 210.11 and 210.3.

Maybe I'm missing it, or maybe it's because the only Code book I have at hand
at the moment is a bit old... but I don't see that. Would you mind citing the
exact language from those sections?

Sump pump is wet location so must be GFI and therefore separate, also
see 210.52B(5)(G).

The sump pump is not a "wet location" as defined in Article 100.

--
Regards,