Brian Sharrock

"Nick Atty" wrote in message
On 13 Mar 2005 12:10:32 -0800, wrote:

I imagine a much neater result can be got by snaking microbore under
the floorboards as simple ufh. Fit service valve to keep the flow rate
down so temp doesnt get too high; would that work?

Well if we'd thought of it, we'd have had UFH put in. But we didn't.

And all the strengthening that went in to change this from being only a
ceiling to being also a floor would get in the way.

I was originally going to sugges that adding a small silent low rev fan
can substantially improve a rad's output, but it looks like you've got
it all worked out.

I dunno. That's a very nice idea indeed.

With a temperature operated switch on inlet to the rad, it would only
come on when needed.

I might try rigging something up as an experiment to try it. Even if I
used a small spare computer fan and it made a bit of noise, it would be
a good proof of concept.

If it worked, it would be cheaper and easier than my other plans.

I've lurked while various comments have been made:
Have you considered installing skirting-board radiators?
These a- long, not very high (about 9 inches); only
protrude into a room by 2 inches; can be 'interrupted'
where doors into eve-storage doors are extant; can be fitted
with TRVs; etc. etc.
Lots of armchair sceptics will scoff - but, so what?

--

Brian