Duane Bozarth

Don Dando wrote:

When I take the time and effort to reply to someone's inquiry on a topic,
spend my time developing a solid answer and basically try real hard to be
helpful only to have my email to them reject is real disappointing and helps
me understand that I just don't answer questions anymore. ...

That's not the way of usenet...if the poster could ask the question,
he/she can certainly come read the answer(s). Plus, there's the benefit
of if it's a good answer any number will see it whereas if it's a
private e-mail, only one...

So, just answer in the group is the solution--you're feelers aren't
hurt, OP (and many others) get their answers.