I've gotten a number of emails from people who hit the "reply" button by
accident rather than the "reply group" button.
It is not to difficult for someone to do this inadvertantly. I'd say this
happens to me once every couple months.

-j

"J T" wrote in message
Today I got an e-mail. From someone about one of my posts on a
thread here. NO, don't volunteer who you are. That's happened before,
someone e-mailed me, and then volunteered theirself up, while I was
trying to be polite and not reveal them.

So, I guess it's time to pass this along again. If I don't know
you, I don't care to get e-mail from you. However, I will usually try
to be polite about it. BUT, it tends to **** me off when I get an
e-mail from someone, with a subject from a thread on rec.woodworking,
and nothing to say it's by e-mail only. Then when I hunt down the
thread, and check, find out it was by e-mail only. Got one of those
today. I was even polite when I replied. Honest. Possibly not by his
standards, but by mine. Sometimes not, and sometimes just dump the
e-mail, without replying, once in awhile without even reading it. So,
today I played nice.

I was addressed in the e-mail like I was the original poster. I
wasn't. And, I was passed along a set of plans that I didn't ask for,
didn't need, don't want. You know, the exact type of thing that should
be posted in the thread, so everyone can get the benefit of the link.

I've said it before, I'll say it again now, I'll probably say it
again in the future. IF you're gonna e-mail me, at least have the
courtesy to state at the beginning of the e-mail that it's e-mail only,
ESPECIALLY if it has a thread subject. There are a few people here,
they know who they are, that do e-mail me, very infrequently to be sure,
so even if they forget to say that, there's no problem with them,
because I KNOW THEM.

Don't e-mail me, I'll e-mail you.

JOAT
Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.
- David Fasold