Ian Stirling

Default DIY Cooking

N. Thornton wrote:
Hi

A wallpaper seam roller makes a decent pastry roller for situations
where the usual big roller wont do. Now I've got a lot of lemons to

Hot-air paintstripper set on hot I find more convenient than the
blowtorch.
Ideal for melting cheese on toast, ...

For cutting up food, I find that 30s-1m in the microwave to warm it up
from -20C to around -1C or so, and maybe start melting bits helps.
This changes the food from totally solid, to slightly flexible, and
makes getting a cutting tool into it possible.

I find my favourite knife in this circumstance is a 1mm thick stainless
carving knife.
Tap gently on tha back with a lump of wood, and it just goes right through.