Nicky

If painted, or poly type finish, then sand with 80grit to 100grit. You're
looking to get rid of any gloss on the surface. Vacuum the surface, then use
a tack cloth, then use the contact cement. A smooth, clean surface is what
you're after.

No primer necessary, just prepare the substrate.

"Mr Fixit eh" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm using contact cement to attach an 1/8 inch oak skin to face the
exposed sides of my new kitchen cabinets.

Is there any advantage of putting on a 'primer' coat and letting it dry
24 hours before putting on the final coat of contact cement?

Steve