HMFIC@1369

I just used a pattern of Granite and Marble as ascent for my entrance way
and matched it with my fireplace. and used a neutral gray grout.

Things to Remember.

Subfloor must be SOLID! or tiles will crack

(I'd stay away from glossy, you'll have to keep on it all the time to keep
it clean, slippery and it'll scratch!

I butter the backside of the tile! Strengthens it.

as for grout (the thickness depends on the size of the tile and what you
feel looks best) Darker the Better! White will yellow with age!

In my kitchen I'm installing 16x16 tiles with a wide grout line Medium to
dark reddish tiles with black grout.

as you watch them work Examine that they lay the tiles Squarely, Flush, Flat
and level! Then watch how they seal it!

"anna" wrote in message
oups.com...
Need advice - we would like to intall glossy ceramic tiles in Entry
way.

We are going to have a contractor install them.

Are there any pluses or minuses ceramic tiles ?

Any pointers on the grout ? thin grout better than thicker grout ?

or installation pointers ?

Any suggestions, input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Anna