Australopithecus scobis

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:46:56 -0500, Bob G. wrote:

Just do not understand the comments about buying bandaids and setting
the speed dial for the Hostital on your telephone....Seems to me the
posters who made those suggestions are a little immature or whatever
you waish to call them...helpful they are not...

Not just wrong: totally wrong

1) It is simply common sense to keep a well-stocked first aid kit in the
shop. Accidents happen. "Bandaids" was a funny quip, but it addressed a
serious situation. There are more "tools" in a well set up shop than just
the woodworking tools that a newbie might consider.

2) There is no substitute for following best practices with power
machinery. That said, accidents do happen. Power tools will do enough
damage very quickly that the first aid kit may be inadequate. A phone in
the shop can be, literally, a life-saver.

3) We hobbyists are often working alone. There's no-one else who can call
for help.

The three-stitch cut I got on my hand last Saturday (my hatchet merely
-touched- me, not even swinging) is healing nicely. Both SWMBO and swmo
were present and helped bandage the hand for the trip to the clinic.

--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad {dot} scientist {dot} com