RoyJ

Do NOT till any ground that you do not have to in order to dig it out.
You want old settled fill that has been naturally compacted. You do not
want to fluff up the ground and have it settle later. I'm a bit gunshy
on this, in my area we have a heavy clay/sand subsoil tha packs/settles
into low grade concrete. When you dig it out it bulks up about 30%,
takes some serious copacting to get it anywhere near back to the same
size. If you don't compact it well, it takes up to 10 years to settle
naturally.

wrote:
SHould I not till the ground any more then?