Kevin O`Brien

Thanks very much for the advice Bob.

I'll head over to the library but as you said, nothing is going to teach me
more than actually doing it.

Looking forward to my course. It's only a week long, but should give me the
basics to go on and learn more.

"Bob G." wrote in message

Just do not understand the comments about buying bandaids and setting
the speed dial for the Hostital on your telephone....Seems to me the
posters who made those suggestions are a little immature or whatever
you waish to call them...helpful they are not...

Anyway I am glad you at least express an interest in woodworking...

I will admit that I never took a single class (excluding wood shop in
Jr. High School) nor read any books on woodworking before I got
interested in woodworking...I just had a need as a new homeowner to
"fix" a few things around the house...and discovered that I could "do
my thing" and have a a relaxating evening at the same time...

Over the years I most have picked up a book or two but honestly I can
not remember doing it...I just learned the hard way...make a mistake
correct it..move on and make another mistake..

BUT if I were smart I would have at least spent some time in the
library just looking at how things are constructed... A good book on
Joints ..their construction strenghts and weakness would have saved me
a lot of frustration...

Lots of luck... Top posted to make the Bandaid POSTER scroll down
aand down before he discovered I deleted his post....

Bob Griffiths
Lucky you! Bet there are a lot of people here who would say they wished
they had started out in a formal class rather than picking up information
and skills by pits and pieces. Until your classes start you might check

out
the contents of your local library. You'll get to look at lots of things
without cost and be able to consider buying the books your course may
recommend. Somewhere around here there is a list of books most of the
group would recommend - it usually pops up every few days.

Josie