Ashton Crusher

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 01:55:01 -0500, "orangetrader"
wrote:

I wanted to remove a tree in my front yard and the company I contacted gave
me a quote. He also said he can grind deep into the ground if I plan to
plant another tree. This sounds like a good idea so I said let's do it. He
then told me if he were to do this it could cause problems I need to be
aware of. I am glad he brought it up and now I am not so sure...he said the
grinder is a mean machine and when it grinds it is loud and it shakes like
hell. He said it has been know to shake in such a way it knock loose
dentures, or cause copper water pipes to crack inside walls or PVC drains to
snap open under slabs or sometimes windows to misalign such that it gets
"sticky". It sounds like it might not be worth it...or am I worrying too
much?

I suppose anything is possible but when I had my stump ground with one
of those machines I don't recall it shaking things up all that
violently that I was worried about anything breaking and it was only
about 20 feet from my house and my large glass front window.