mac davis

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:11:23 -0500,
id.com (mare) wrote:

I'm workin on a built-in entertainment center and made a couple (12) of
drawers without fronts. Now I'm contemplating what the *best* way is to
attach the fronts. The drawers are overlay, and there are 8 different
sizes. I use Accuride full extension slides.

1) Make fronts oversized, glue them on and later trim them to the right
size.

2) Make the front the right size on the table saw and mount them with
screws from the inside of the drawer. Make the holes in the drawers
oversized and use washers, so I can position them.

How would you do it? Maybe with be a totally different technique.

depends on the drawer pulls, if any..

I like to cut the fronts a little over, maybe a couple of plane shavings over,
than drill the holes for the pulls and use the pulls/knobs to hold the faces on
while I'm adjusting the alignment, etc..
The "overhang" is enough to scribe a line for when they're glued on, and a
little "fudge factor" in case one has to slide a little sideways... not that any
of mine ever needed that, of course.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing