pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show jim rozen
wrote back on 14 Mar 2005 10:44:18 -0800 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show jim rozen
wrote back on 13 Mar 2005 07:30:40 -0800 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

I am reminded of an incident, reported at the time, when Lizzie
Borden's sister came to visit her while she was in jail. The sister came
in and said, in an even tone of voice, "Quite the situation you've caused."
and then proceeded to say not another word the entire hour. Neither did
Lizzie. In the uptight (nay, repressed) WASP culture in which the Bordens
lived, this was the equivalent of a screaming row.

Grubman, or Borden?

I'm sorry, I'm not understanding the question.

The original discussion revolved around (well, not the *original* one...)
the question of was it PC to tie or drag gay folks. Then somebody
said that lefties were just as pc as righties, so I suggested that very
few lefties roughed up the opposition as much as the rednecks do.

Then somebody suggested that lizzie grubman would be a candidate for that
honor - which made me laugh quite a bit, give that it was a good call.

Now you're talking about lizze borden - quite a different person than
lizzie grubman. They really did come from opposite ends of the spectrum.
Not *polar* opposites, mind you - borden was middle class while grubman
is very much upper-crusty.

I was just unsure as to how things got from one lizzie to the next.

Hmmm oh, that's obvious. Tin Lizzie, meet Thin Lizzie...

If that makes sense, call Care Unit, now.

tschus
pyotr

Yesterday in old Fall River, Mr. Andrew Borden died
And they got his daughter Lizzie on a charge of homicide
Some folks say she didn't do it, and others say of course she did
But they all agree Miss Lizzie B. was a problem kind of kid

'Cause you can't chop your papa up in Massachusetts
Not even if it's planned as a surprise
No, you can't chop your papa up in Massachusetts
You know how neighbors love to criticize

She got him on the sofa where he'd gone to take a snooze
And I hope he went to heaven 'cause he wasn't wearing shoes
Lizzie kinda rearranged him with a hatchet so they say
Then she got her mother in that same old-fashioned way!

But you can't chop your mama up in Massachusetts
Not even if you're tired of her cuisine
No, you can't chop your mama up in Massachusetts
You know it's almost sure to cause a scene

Well, they really kept her hoppin' on that busy afternoon
With both down- and up-stairs chopping while she hummed a ragtime tune
They really made her hustle and when all was said and done
She'd removed her mother's bustle when she wasn't wearing one

Oh, you can't chop your mama up in Massachusetts
And then blame all the damage on the mice
No, you can't chop your mama up in Massachusetts
That kind of thing just isn't very nice

Now, it wasn't done for pleasure and it wasn't done for spite
And it wasn't done because the lady wasn't very bright
She'd always done the slightest thing that mom and papa bid
They said, "Lizzie, cut it out," so that's exactly what she did

But you can't chop your papa up in Massachusetts
And then get dressed and go out for a walk
No, you can't chop your papa up in Massachusetts
Massachusetts is a far cry from New York

No, you can't chop your papa up in Massachusetts
[Shut the door, and lock and latch it,
here comes Lizzie with a brand new hatchet]
Can't chop your papa up in Massachusetts
[Such a snob, I've heard it said, she met her pa and cut him dead]
You can't chop your papa up in Massachusetts
[Jump like a fish, jump like a porpoise,
all join hands and habeas corpus!]

--
pyotr filipivich.