jim rozen

In article , Larry Jaques says...

On 7 Mar 2005 14:01:49 -0800, the inscrutable jim rozen
spake:

In article , Gunner says...

My boy? Since when is a moderate My Boy?

Since your boy reagan appointed him....

C'mon, Jim. Ronnie was entitled to ONE mistake, eh?

He used that up when he divorced his first wife.
And the republicans are always banging the 'family
values' drum. Look what they did to carter, probably
the most moral president we've had in many a year.

Jim

please reply to:
jim rozen

In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

The fact remains, that "diversity" has come to meaning any race,
gender, orientation or nationality is accept, as long as your politics are
acceptable.. And "tolerance" means that you can espouse any kind of life
style, save that of a monogamous male and female couple who intend to raise
children themselves.

The fact is that most folks who are in the second catagory are too
busy walking the walk to spend much time 'espousing' about it. So
you never hear much on that front.

Tolerance means you don't tie gay folks to fence posts and whip
them to death, and you don't drag 'em behind pickup trucks. That
seems pretty simple to me - but not to a large subset of the
montana and texas population.

Jim

please reply to:
Larry Jaques

On 8 Mar 2005 05:31:07 -0800, the inscrutable jim rozen
spake:

In article , Larry Jaques says...

On 7 Mar 2005 14:01:49 -0800, the inscrutable jim rozen
spake:

In article , Gunner says...

My boy? Since when is a moderate My Boy?

Since your boy reagan appointed him....

C'mon, Jim. Ronnie was entitled to ONE mistake, eh?

He used that up when he divorced his first wife.
And the republicans are always banging the 'family
values' drum. Look what they did to carter, probably
the most moral president we've had in many a year.

Yabbut Jimmy did things TO us Americans while he was President.
He's done a great many things FOR us since then. I admire the
man SINCE he retired from being the President. Helluva wooddorker.

I drank WHAT? + http://www.diversify.com
--Socrates + Web Application Programming
Dave Hinz

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 19:12:38 -0800, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 23:11:26 GMT, the inscrutable Lew Hartswick
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Uh, where's your wink or grin for that facetiousity, hmmm?

Larry, Where DO you come up with those words? I'd swear you
are trying to out do Bill Buckley. :-)
...lew...

That one I made up. And thank you, lew. I try harder!

Gosh, Larry, I wish _I_ could inventificate a word...
pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show jim rozen
wrote back on 8 Mar 2005 05:38:57 -0800 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

The fact remains, that "diversity" has come to meaning any race,
gender, orientation or nationality is accept, as long as your politics are
acceptable.. And "tolerance" means that you can espouse any kind of life
style, save that of a monogamous male and female couple who intend to raise
children themselves.

The fact is that most folks who are in the second catagory are too
busy walking the walk to spend much time 'espousing' about it. So
you never hear much on that front.

Tell that to Jada Pinkett Smith. She's the one being denounced for her
"heteronormative" remarks which failed to show proper sensitivity to the
"heteronormative gender role challenged".

Tolerance means you don't tie gay folks to fence posts and whip
them to death, and you don't drag 'em behind pickup trucks. That
seems pretty simple to me - but not to a large subset of the
montana and texas population.

Well, that's just plain simple "behaving like a human being." They
have the form of a human being, and must be respected as such, until such
time as they demonstrate beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they are not a
human being.

But it isn't the Rednecks who are "intolerant", Left Liberals are not
only intolerant of those who disagree, but work mightily to impose their
views on those who disagree with them.

If you doubt this, ask yourself what is the "sensitive" term for
referring to persons descended of slaves imported from Sub-Sahara Africa.
What is the sensitive term for persons descended from of slaves imported
from Europe?

tschus
pyotr

"I am Ideologically Orthodox, complying with
the one true and only correct analysis of the
dialectical tensions of historical materialism"

"You are merely Doctrinaire - relying upon a failure
to correctly implement the full dialectical analysis
of the correct Marxist-Leninist-yourIdeologHere"

"He/she/it are merely politically correct - engaging
in mere propagandizing of the masses due to no ability
to even understand the correct dialectical methods."

--
pyotr filipivich
It often seems the only way to make the Left open to the Rights ideas..is with a shaped charge.

jim rozen

In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

But it isn't the Rednecks who are "intolerant", Left Liberals are not
only intolerant of those who disagree, but work mightily to impose their
views on those who disagree with them.

Ya know, it's been a long time since I've seen one of those martha's
vineyard liberals try to tie a redneck to the back of a volvo and
drag 'em.

Jim

please reply to:
Dave Hinz

On 8 Mar 2005 12:49:05 -0800, jim rozen wrote:
In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

But it isn't the Rednecks who are "intolerant", Left Liberals are not
only intolerant of those who disagree, but work mightily to impose their
views on those who disagree with them.

Ya know, it's been a long time since I've seen one of those martha's
vineyard liberals try to tie a redneck to the back of a volvo and
drag 'em.

Yeah, because everyone who didn't vote for Kerry is like that...
Don Bruder

In article ,
jim rozen wrote:

In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

But it isn't the Rednecks who are "intolerant", Left Liberals are not
only intolerant of those who disagree, but work mightily to impose their
views on those who disagree with them.

Ya know, it's been a long time since I've seen one of those martha's
vineyard liberals try to tie a redneck to the back of a volvo and
drag 'em.

Probably for exactly the same reason that PeTArds and similar ARA morons
will cheerfully toss paint on a little old lady in a fur coat, but won't
do so much as make eye contact with a biker-type wearing his leathers:
fear of getting their heads shoved (further) up their asses by a
righteously ****ed "victim".

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html for full details.
John Husvar

In article ,
jim rozen wrote:

In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

But it isn't the Rednecks who are "intolerant", Left Liberals are not
only intolerant of those who disagree, but work mightily to impose their
views on those who disagree with them.

Ya know, it's been a long time since I've seen one of those martha's
vineyard liberals try to tie a redneck to the back of a volvo and
drag 'em.

Jim

But they can be a little hazardous driving over bridges.
jim rozen

In article , John
Husvar says...

Ya know, it's been a long time since I've seen one of those martha's
vineyard liberals try to tie a redneck to the back of a volvo and
drag 'em.

But they can be a little hazardous driving over bridges.

LOL. At least *somebody* has a sense of humor around here!

Jim

please reply to:

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:38:49 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

If you doubt this, ask yourself what is the "sensitive" term for
referring to persons descended of slaves imported from Sub-Sahara Africa.
What is the sensitive term for persons descended from of slaves imported
from Europe?

Pyotr, as I am not American, I am not fully conversant with your
version of English so would appreciate a translation of "sensitive"

Is is an altenative for "politically correct" ? ie I feel good
about deliberately stuffing up the English language so you MUST use my
version as it boosts my ego.

What are the terms ?

Thanks

Alan
in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8
VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address
jim rozen

In article , Dan Murphy says...

But they can be a little hazardous driving over bridges.

They prefer to mow 'em down with their M Benz SUV's nowadays. Remember
Lizzie Grubman? The Merc is nice, you can barely hear the screams of the
pathetic riff-raff as you grind them into the pavement.

Heh. But they weren't rednecks she was after, just folks with less
money or worse cars. She wasn't hollering, 'die, republicans!'

Besides, I think she was probably a right-winger herself. And think
how many remember the two guys who got tied, and dragged - but everyone
remembers 'ol Lizzie.

Jim

please reply to:
Dan Murphy

jim rozen wrote in news:d0mqk601877
@drn.newsguy.com:

Heh. But they weren't rednecks she was after, just folks with less
money or worse cars. She wasn't hollering, 'die, republicans!'

She was after the bouncer who wouldn't let her drunk ass into the bar. Most
bouncers I've run across would qualify as rednecks. They are usually sober
too and able to get out of the way of a big SUV, unlike the intoxicated
patrons that got mowed down.

Besides, I think she was probably a right-winger herself. And think
how many remember the two guys who got tied, and dragged - but everyone
remembers 'ol Lizzie.

It was one guy (Byrd?) that was dragged to death. Two morons that did the
dragging. They got the death penalty If I remember correctly, and down in
Texas they use it. But I see what you mean by people not remembering it.
Back to Lizzie. She is a wealthy Manhatten socialite that runs a P.R. firm
for celebrities. So, I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and bet that she
didn't vote for Dubya.

Dan
jim rozen

In article , Dan Murphy says...

It was one guy (Byrd?) that was dragged to death. Two morons that did the
dragging. They got the death penalty If I remember correctly, and down in
Texas they use it. But I see what you mean by people not remembering it.
Back to Lizzie. She is a wealthy Manhatten socialite that runs a P.R. firm
for celebrities. So, I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and bet that she
didn't vote for Dubya.

If she's wealthy, she probably did.

Jim

please reply to:
pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show wrote
back on Wed, 09 Mar 2005 05:20:53 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
wrote:
If you doubt this, ask yourself what is the "sensitive" term for
referring to persons descended of slaves imported from Sub-Sahara Africa.
What is the sensitive term for persons descended from of slaves imported
from Europe?

Pyotr, as I am not American, I am not fully conversant with your
version of English so would appreciate a translation of "sensitive"

Is is an altenative for "politically correct" ? ie I feel good
about deliberately stuffing up the English language so you MUST use my
version as it boosts my ego.

Sensitive is the PC term of being "politically correct". As in "it is
insensitive to refer to saying 'something is insensitive' as 'politically
incorrect'." "Sensitive" is the term used in "polite" society (except that
"polite society" is to culturally-centric to be sensitive.).
It is funny in a perverse sort of way, as one "sensitive" euphemism is
in turn deemed insensitive, and anew euphemism is adopted. E.g. From
"crippled" to "handicapped" to "physically challenged" to "differentially
abled". Like wise the progression from "idiot" to "retarded" to "slow
learner" to "mentally handicapped" to "developmentally challenged". And so
forth. The progression from "darky" to "colored person" to "black" to
"African-American" to "Persons of Color" to "the melanin enhanced" is
another interesting semiotic shift.
One doesn't wish to be insensitive, so rather than call them slobs,
they are called "alteratively enculturated." Just as one no longer refers
to the career criminal as such, but as one of the "alternatively career
minded."; just as liars are now known as ethic "alternately moraled" or
lawyers. And people who illegally enter a country aren "illegal aliens"
but rather "undocumented workers" (which used to mean you forgot your
wallet when you went to work.)

What are the terms ?

Well, that all depends on whether you want to be "sensitive",
euphemistic, or accurate.
The accurate term for both is "freedmen." As ethnic groups, those that
trace lineage back to slave raids in Africa are "black" while those who
trace to slave raids in a specific region of Europe are called "Slavs".
Those born of a freedman are freemen.
The Term "African-America" is a term without rational, as it is usually
used to designate persons who were born in the United States of parents
also born in the United States, and specifically designated not applicable
to those naturalized citizens of the United States who while born in
Africa, are Caucasian in their appearance. I have in mind a Rabbi I know
of, who was born in South Africa, and immigrated to the US many years ago.
Is he an "African American", or not?

--
pyotr filipivich.

pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Larry Jaques
wrote back on Tue, 08 Mar 2005 06:30:41
-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

In article , Gunner says...

My boy? Since when is a moderate My Boy?

Since your boy reagan appointed him....

C'mon, Jim. Ronnie was entitled to ONE mistake, eh?

He used that up when he divorced his first wife.
And the republicans are always banging the 'family
values' drum. Look what they did to carter, probably
the most moral president we've had in many a year.

Yabbut Jimmy did things TO us Americans while he was President.
He's done a great many things FOR us since then. I admire the
man SINCE he retired from being the President. Helluva wooddorker.

If only he's stuck to building houses, and hadn't taken that foray back
into politics and cut a deal with North Korea; that in exchange for a
promise to stop their nuclear development program, the US would send oil,
Nuclear power plants and fuel, to North Korea.

--
pyotr filipivich.
pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show jim rozen
wrote back on 8 Mar 2005 12:49:05 -0800 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

But it isn't the Rednecks who are "intolerant", Left Liberals are not
only intolerant of those who disagree, but work mightily to impose their
views on those who disagree with them.

Ya know, it's been a long time since I've seen one of those martha's
vineyard liberals try to tie a redneck to the back of a volvo and
drag 'em.

They don't believe in overt physical violence. Or are you saying that
unless there is physical violence, there can be no bigotry?

I am reminded of an incident, reported at the time, when Lizzie
Borden's sister came to visit her while she was in jail. The sister came
in and said, in an even tone of voice, "Quite the situation you've caused."
and then proceeded to say not another word the entire hour. Neither did
Lizzie. In the uptight (nay, repressed) WASP culture in which the Bordens
lived, this was the equivalent of a screaming row.

Very much a case of different strokes for different folks.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.
jim rozen

In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

I am reminded of an incident, reported at the time, when Lizzie
Borden's sister came to visit her while she was in jail. The sister came
in and said, in an even tone of voice, "Quite the situation you've caused."
and then proceeded to say not another word the entire hour. Neither did
Lizzie. In the uptight (nay, repressed) WASP culture in which the Bordens
lived, this was the equivalent of a screaming row.

Grubman, or Borden?

Jim

please reply to:
pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show jim rozen
wrote back on 13 Mar 2005 07:30:40 -0800 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

I am reminded of an incident, reported at the time, when Lizzie
Borden's sister came to visit her while she was in jail. The sister came
in and said, in an even tone of voice, "Quite the situation you've caused."
and then proceeded to say not another word the entire hour. Neither did
Lizzie. In the uptight (nay, repressed) WASP culture in which the Bordens
lived, this was the equivalent of a screaming row.

Grubman, or Borden?

I'm sorry, I'm not understanding the question.

pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.
jim rozen

In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show jim rozen
wrote back on 13 Mar 2005 07:30:40 -0800 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

I am reminded of an incident, reported at the time, when Lizzie
Borden's sister came to visit her while she was in jail. The sister came
in and said, in an even tone of voice, "Quite the situation you've caused."
and then proceeded to say not another word the entire hour. Neither did
Lizzie. In the uptight (nay, repressed) WASP culture in which the Bordens
lived, this was the equivalent of a screaming row.

Grubman, or Borden?

I'm sorry, I'm not understanding the question.

The original discussion revolved around (well, not the *original* one...)
the question of was it PC to tie or drag gay folks. Then somebody
said that lefties were just as pc as righties, so I suggested that very
few lefties roughed up the opposition as much as the rednecks do.

Then somebody suggested that lizzie grubman would be a candidate for that
honor - which made me laugh quite a bit, give that it was a good call.

Now you're talking about lizze borden - quite a different person than
lizzie grubman. They really did come from opposite ends of the spectrum.
Not *polar* opposites, mind you - borden was middle class while grubman
is very much upper-crusty.

I was just unsure as to how things got from one lizzie to the next.

Jim

please reply to:

pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show jim rozen
wrote back on 14 Mar 2005 10:44:18 -0800 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
[...]

Hmmm oh, that's obvious. Tin Lizzie, meet Thin Lizzie...

If that makes sense, call Care Unit, now.

tschus
pyotr

Yesterday in old Fall River, Mr. Andrew Borden died
And they got his daughter Lizzie on a charge of homicide
Some folks say she didn't do it, and others say of course she did
But they all agree Miss Lizzie B. was a problem kind of kid

'Cause you can't chop your papa up in Massachusetts
Not even if it's planned as a surprise
No, you can't chop your papa up in Massachusetts
You know how neighbors love to criticize

She got him on the sofa where he'd gone to take a snooze
And I hope he went to heaven 'cause he wasn't wearing shoes
Lizzie kinda rearranged him with a hatchet so they say
Then she got her mother in that same old-fashioned way!

But you can't chop your mama up in Massachusetts
Not even if you're tired of her cuisine
No, you can't chop your mama up in Massachusetts
You know it's almost sure to cause a scene

Well, they really kept her hoppin' on that busy afternoon
With both down- and up-stairs chopping while she hummed a ragtime tune
They really made her hustle and when all was said and done
She'd removed her mother's bustle when she wasn't wearing one

Oh, you can't chop your mama up in Massachusetts
And then blame all the damage on the mice
No, you can't chop your mama up in Massachusetts
That kind of thing just isn't very nice

Now, it wasn't done for pleasure and it wasn't done for spite
And it wasn't done because the lady wasn't very bright
She'd always done the slightest thing that mom and papa bid
They said, "Lizzie, cut it out," so that's exactly what she did

But you can't chop your papa up in Massachusetts
And then get dressed and go out for a walk
No, you can't chop your papa up in Massachusetts
Massachusetts is a far cry from New York

No, you can't chop your papa up in Massachusetts
[Shut the door, and lock and latch it,
here comes Lizzie with a brand new hatchet]
Can't chop your papa up in Massachusetts
[Such a snob, I've heard it said, she met her pa and cut him dead]
You can't chop your papa up in Massachusetts
[Jump like a fish, jump like a porpoise,
all join hands and habeas corpus!]