~Roy~

FWIW, Wal Mart had laser levels priced at $24.95 before christmas, and
after christmas they went down to 14.95 and then to 10.95..........and
now they are listred in the clearance sectin at $3.00 a piece. I
picked up one for the hell of it, not expecting much, and its claim to
be able to throw a beam 120 feet +........well I knew darn well it
would not be able to be seen during daylight hours, but my intent was
to take it apart to make a l;aser sight for my shotgun with it.......I
was totally amazed when I was able to throw a beam over my 1 acre pond
(200+ feet) in broad daylight...........I sighted it from my spillway
to my pump box approx 110 feet just to check water height to bottom of
box....Works fine....comes with 2 spirt levels in an extruded aluminum
tube, with a lifetime warranty. I have since bought 6 more, and turned
two into laser sights for my shotguns. OAL is 16 or 18 inches,
lifetime warranty made by Johnson Tools in Tennesee, (but its actually
made in China IIRC) Hard to beat for three bucks

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 07:37:20 +0800, OldNick
wrote:

===On 14 Mar 2005 05:20:14 -0800, "Bugs" vaguely
===proposed a theory
===......and in reply I say!:
===
=== remove ns from my header address to reply via email
===
===Yes, the bubble/s are probably not adjustable. Someone bought me one of
===the 'cheapies' and it's pretty primitive but the laser can be seen over
===a hundred feet.
===
===Well it has to different from what I have seen, if you can see the
===beam on a target at 100', on a bright day.