TT

Default OT - Epoxy floor coating (or industrial enamel)

I found the most prior topics about epoxy floor coatings on this newsgroup,
so... My girlfriend wants to convert one of our spare bedrooms into a
workout room and I have a couple questions about epoxy and industrial enamel
coatings.

First off, what is the shelf life of 2 part epoxy? The stuff I have is from
the early 90's (got it from a paint company that left their old stock in the
building when it sold). It's Kop Coat brand. Can I just give this stuff a
serious mixing? It's1 to 1 mix and I have a gallon of part 1 (colorant) and
a gallon of the catalyst, part 2. Will this reasonably cover 110 square
feet? How much would you recommend mixing to cover 110 sq. feet?

Secondly, I have several 5 gallon buckets of industrial enamel, would this
work as a floor coating? The thing I like about using this is I could
repaint it whenever necessary, with either the same or another color.

I plan on doing a muriatic acid etch. I've got some instructions that
mention sodium bicarbonate solution to neutralize. Can I reasoably just get
some boxes of baking powder & sprinkle it directly on the floor & sweep it
around, then mop & shop vac it up? The concrete is old, poured in the 70's
and carpeted since, has some paint & carpet foam glue that I plan to wire
brush off the floor prior to etching. Or will the muriatic acid eat the
paint & glue for me?

Thanks

-Tom