David Hearn

Default DIY Cooking

N. Thornton wrote:
Hi

A wallpaper seam roller makes a decent pastry roller for situations
where the usual big roller wont do. Now I've got a lot of lemons to
zest, and it strikes me that a manual wood rasp would probably do a
much faster job of this than the traditional lemon zester.

Any other examples of DIY tools being good for cookery? I guess some
kind of saw would be good for boned meat, there's the blowtorch for
browning and caramelising, hammer and screwdriver for cutting up
frozen foods... any others?

I use my plaster mixer and cordless drill to stirr the porridge in the
mornings. What I hate though are all the crunchy bits I keep finding in it.
My wife thinks that it's posh porridge with added crunchy bits.