AutoTracer

Mine did that last year. Eventually the compresser wouldn't start at all.
I had to replace the whole fridge. Replacing a compressor is like changing
a picture tube; not worth it at all. repair cost as much or more than
replacement. 15-20 years is the intended life of a fridge anyway.

"Peter Orban" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

We have fridge, about 15 years old, GE make.
Increasingly it hesitates when starting the compressor. The relay
clicks, and then nothing. It tries it a couple of times, then finally
the compressor starts. Unfortunately it starts doing this more frequently.
I have checked Sam's notes, and it looks that it is either the starting
relay or the compressor itself.
Any anecdotal comment on which one is more likely to fail?
Are starting relays repairable?

Thanks, Peter