NSM

"n cook" wrote in message
m...

I was told this indirectly but it explained the astronomic parts costs
for the company involved ( scope manufacture ).
At a regular review period, annually or two-yearly I don't remember,
they would divide
the parts stock in 2 , sell off at auction one half and double the
price of the remainder.

Also there are military prices. I was told that when the army wants mil-spec
bolts as parts they order them as needed, 4 at a time. The makers said they
give the bolts to the army for free, shipping free as well, but the army
wants a full set of paper work each time and that's what they are billed
for.