~Roy~

I'd put a layer of 2" egg sized or so, followed by a layer of 2B sinze
followed up with a top of crush and run (also called tailings or
screenings depending on where your from)..... that is if you have the
limestone type aggragate in your area.

Around here the old asphalt that is removed by those large grinding
machines, is pretty popular. It packs well and is not dusty, and its
cheap as heck to buy.

On 14 Mar 2005 10:56:38 -0800, wrote:

===I am the one asking about leveling the lot and wanting to "box in" with
===2x6's with gravel and park on it for awhile till I can afford to build
===everything. Is it ok to ly black plastic down before putting the rock
===down to keep weeds, etc, from growing through?
===
===Also, what size rick should I use. I plan on getting it myself and
===shoveling by hand. I want something that is easy to rake etc, to make
===level but will last too and not be too expensive.