On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 02:28:23 GMT, "Pete"
wrote:

Please look at the "hall effect pickup" coil in the distributer , it is a
$20 fix and a known Dodge problem.

Pete

I second the hall effect pickup suggestion.

I had an old Aries that crapped out one day.
I decided that it was a cracked cap.
Changed that, put in a new rotor, and got it to start. But it was even
more gutless than usual.

The symptoms I remember were similar to yours.

I pulled the cap and rotor off to be sure I had tightened all the
screws. When I looked down at the gap for the hall effect sensor, it
was full of rust flakes attracted by the magnet of the sensor.

Being the worlds second cheapest human being, I tried to clean it out
but it was like p*^*#!g up a rope.

I put a new sensor in and it went back to being as crummy a car as it
was before the problem started.

Paul K. Dickman

P.S. A crazy mechanic I knew back in college, took a Colt and
shoehorned a 318 into it with two transmissions. He gave it to his
teenage son. In about a month, his son (with a penchant for neutral
drops) had twisted the chassis so bad the car only sat on three wheels