Rex B

I have a 12" Atlas Lathe with the slip clutch on the feed screw. The
slip on the clutch is adjusted by turning a round sleeve with a spanner
hole in it.

Is there a tool made to perform this adjustment? Anybody knows who
sells this tool?

To date, I've been using Vicegrip pliers to tighten the clutch, which
is taking its toll. I'd very much like to adjust the slippage by using
the proper method.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Harry C.

Go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlas_...guid=122382924

This is a Yahoo group for your lathe.
You will have to register and Join This Group, but it's painless and
free. Then go to the Files section, and find Atlas QC Gearbox.pdf.
it's a 1700 KB download that shows how to change from change gears to a
QC box. On page 3 are detailed instructions for adjusting that clutch.

hope that helps.

--
- -
Rex Burkheimer