Andy Hill

blueman wrote:
With spring coming, I would like to paint over the newly installed
galvanized metal conduit and outdoor meter box that was put in during
our 200A service upgrade.

Couple of questions:
1. What needs to be done to prep? Can I just apply a regular outdoor
paint primer or do I need special pre-prep and primer?

2. Can I use regular outdoor house paint over the primer?

3. Any rules about what can and cannot be painted? (I won't paint the
meter face itself

You'll want to use a primer that will allow good adhesion to between the enamel
/ galvanized metal and (I assume) your exterior latex paint. Easiest way is to
ask the guy at the paint counter, although it's always a good idea to
double-check the can instructions...mistakes happen.

Other than that, it all should be fair game for painting. Never hurts to
double-check with the power company, 'tho, assuming you can find someone to ask.