AutoTracer

Regular house primer and house paint would certainly work but might look
funny if the brush marks show. Probably easier to mask off the area and use
spray paint for metal that will give you some rust protection as well and
give a better finish. Any primer labeled for exterior use over metal will
work.

As for the rules, a quick phone call to the utility will give you a reliable
answer.

BTW I am considering this upgrade myself, can I ask how much $ it was and
how long it took. (ballpark, I know it has no real relation to my situation)

"blueman" wrote in message
With spring coming, I would like to paint over the newly installed
galvanized metal conduit and outdoor meter box that was put in during
our 200A service upgrade.

Couple of questions:
1. What needs to be done to prep? Can I just apply a regular outdoor
paint primer or do I need special pre-prep and primer?

2. Can I use regular outdoor house paint over the primer?

3. Any rules about what can and cannot be painted? (I won't paint the
meter face itself