Mark

Default Your thoughts on build standard of 1950s council houses

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 21:26:10 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 20:47:01 +0100, Mark
wrote:

Mine's coalboard not council but same thing. Solid poured concrete
walls - very very solid. Had some problems with them taking it to mean
pre-fab when it's not.
Walls are square and at right angles to each other, original roof in
good condition, reasonable front/back garden, drive, space for garage,
good sized rooms.

The only problem I've found is the years of bodging by previous owners
and the general state of things that need bringing up to todays
standards.
The shell of the house is fine but the fixtures and fittings all need
replacing.

As regards selling like hot cakes any round here that go on the market
are sold within a week or two at most.

You are hard pressed to find housing you can afford that has off road
parking never mind anything else from looking round.

Mark S.

BTW, did you manage to remove your roof tank, Mark?

.andy

Still there at the minute... I'm not going in the loft at the moment -
it's hotter than hell up there. ;-)

Mark S.