Chris Bacon

Colin Wilson wrote:
Probably a dumb question - i`ve got some on order following some little
barstewards stealing some (quite large) items from our garden - the
intention is to use galvanised wire to try to tie the panels together to
prevent them being lifted as easily - "binding" them by running the wire
across many panels and tacking in place, so one can`t be lifted because
its "tied" to both adjacent panels.

I`ve got a stack of wire staples, i`m awaiting the wire from screwfix,
but i`m not sure how you`re supposed to get the wire taught :-}

You just teach it. It may be some time before it can do anything useful,
though.

I`d prefer to be able to wire the "outside" of the fence, but this might
be a little too easy for them to defeat, so I potentially also run the
risk of not being able to tighten it too much in case they pull off the
internal corners :-}

Fix one end, pay out the wire, staple it to a long batten of 2x2, dig
one end into the ground, lever. If the run is supposed to be above the
line you end up with, put something under the wire near the lever to
raise it up.

Ideas welcome :-}

PS: i`ve already replaced the trellis they snapped off to get over
initially, and added a little barbed wire :-p

Sadly the little bleeders didn`t manage to cut themselves in the process,
otherwise the police were quite keen to get DNA samples !

Get a video camera and set it up somewhere suitable.