Steve

"RBM" rmottola1(remove wrote in message
From what you describe, it sounds like the cord must have gotten cut on a
sharp edge of the range. If the circuit breaker tripped quickly, it's
possible to not have a physical burn on the wire. It probably wouldn't be

bad idea to replace the range cord. They come in lengths from four feet

up,
so get the shortest one that will work. BTW current electrical code (nec)
requires four wire cord and outlet

I will inspect the power cord more closely for a cut tonight.

If I find a cut at least I will know what happened.
My concern is its a short in the stove and is dangerous??

Am I correct that an existing stove can still run a 3 wire outlet?
That is what they sold me at the store when I bought the range.

Steve